WHAT ITEMS CANNOT BE TAKEN ON BOARD?
According to internationally mandatory safety regulations, weapons (firearms, knives, blades and the like) cannot be carried in hand luggage or on a person. Dangerous goods may not be transported in cabin luggage or in checked baggage. This includes explosive, liquid, compressed or toxic gases, flammable liquids, highly flammable or spontaneously inflammable solid substances and matchbooks that are easily flammable. In general, the following items are prohibited from being transported:
- Briefcases with an integrated alarm
- Explosives, fireworks, torches
- Containers with gas such as irritant gases, self-defence spray, camp stove
- Containers with flammable liquids e.g. lighter fuel, paint, lacquers, cleaning agent
- Highly flammable materials e.g. matches
- Substances that generate flammable gases when exposed to water
- Oxidising substances e.g. bleaching powder, superoxide
- Toxic and infectious substances e.g. quicksilver, bacteria and virus cultures
- Radioactive substances and items
- Corrosive substances (e.g. acids, alkaline solutions/bases, wet batteries)
- Highly magnetic material
For regulations regarding the transportation of weapons and munition in checked baggage, please contact your airline.
Please get information about the transport regulations of items in hand luggage and checked luggage form the respective airline before your trip.