City Break Luggage
Selecting the right luggage and carry-ons for your trip, is the first step towards packing efficiently and effectively. Eminent takes pride in offering a range of high-quality luggage that combines durability, versatility, sustainability and multipurpose functionality. Investing in quality cabin luggage is essential as a trusted travel companion. A cabin bag or carry-on bag can fit easily in overhead luggage or at your feet on an aeroplane or bus. This particular bag also is multipurpose as it can be used well in transit, for day trips and to store essentials as you travel. Alternatively a high quality backpack could be a preference, that is also useful and convenient for many situations during your city break. You may also require a larger suitcase for extended city stays or shopping sprees, our Eminent’s luggage offers the perfect range for all luggage types. With a larger bag to accompany you, you can confidently pack more while enjoying peace of mind that your belongings are safe and secure throughout your city adventures.
Comfortable Walking Shoes
Comfortable shoes are an essential item to pack when planning your urban vacation. Cities often require walking, and you may find yourself spending most of your days walking, for both efficiency and to experience your city surroundings. Here are some simple tips and choosing the right walking shoes for your city break, ensuring that your feet stay comfortable and well-supported:
- Comfort over fashion: Prioritise comfort when selecting walking shoes, even if you plan on taking just one pair of walking shoes, make sure they are reliably comfortable and will last across all urban activities.
- Versatility is important: Choose versatile footwear that complements different outfits and activities. This reduces your travel load and allows you to seamlessly transition from sightseeing to dining without the need for multiple pairs of shoes.
- Consider the weather of your city retreat: You may need waterproof or water-resistant options if rain is expected, or opt to include beach-side sandals or sandals.
- Utilise space saving options for shoes: To keep your shoes organised and separate from your clothing, use space-saving shoe bags. Eminent offers travel accessories that include luggage organisers for your packing convenience.
It's essential to consider a variety of clothing options for your city holiday that best accommodate your adventures. Listed are some essential clothing items to include in your packing list:
- T-shirts: T shirts are usually versatile and comfortable for a day of activities, they tend to not scratch or itch and they can be used as a summer outfit or lay to your winter attire.
- Jeans or Trousers: Many people enjoy wearing jeans as a comfort pant, a pair of trousers or sweat pants may also be an excellent option for casual-wear.
- Dresses or Skirts: For those that enjoy more feminine outfits, dresses and skirts for a touch of elegance and variety in your outfits may be appealing. You may also want to consider a more formal or party-style dress for evening wear.
- Lightweight Jacket or Cardigan: Weather can be unpredictable, so bring a lightweight jacket or cardigan carried on your adventures gives you that extra layer of weather protection at any time of day.
- Socks and Underwear: These are important clothing essentials to pack in your bag, again comfortable choices should be your priority.
- Comfortable Sleepwear: Choose breathable and cosy options to accommodate for easier sleeping and relaxation during your time away.
- Weather-Appropriate Outerwear: Depending on the season and location, consider packing outerwear like a raincoat, a heavier coat for colder weather, or a windbreaker.
Packing the right travel-sized toiletries help you to keep refreshed and comfortable throughout your journey. Consider a selection of essential toiletries that are personalised to your preference for self care. Start with a toothbrush and toothpaste that helps to take care of your oral hygiene. Travel-sized bottles of your preferred shampoo, conditioner and body wash are often preferable, as many people prefer to pack their own instead of using hotel amenities if they have a preferred hair care routine. To maintain freshness across the day, a travel-sized deodorant can fit snugly in your toiletry bag. For grooming essentials, include a disposable razor and moisturiser to keep your skin refreshed, as it is with your daily routine. A compact first-aid kit with band-aids, antiseptic wipes, hand sanitiser and pain relievers can be a great option for minor injuries or discomfort. Remember to protect your skin from the sun with a small bottle of sunscreen. These thoughtfully selected toiletries will enhance your city break experience, ensuring you're well-prepared for whatever comes your way.
Adapters and Chargers
Making sure you have the right adapters and chargers any electronic devices you are taking on your city break is vita Here are some basic tips for packing keeping your devices fully charged:
- Research electrical outlets: Depending on if you are travelling across countries, you may want to ensure that you can charge your devices at your new destination. Different countries, so a universal adapter that accommodates various plug shapes and sizes may be necessary.
- Power bank: A portable power bank is a great option to travel with, ensuring you can recharge your devices while on the go.
- Adapters for multiple devices: To save space in your luggage you may want to take chargers that can charge multiple devices at the same time. Such as a multi-port USB charger or adapter.
- Charge in advance: Charge all your electronic devices, including smartphones, cameras, and power banks, before leaving home. This will give you a head start and keep you connected upon arrival.
- Store cables securely in your luggage and day pack: Use luggage organisers or secure pockets to keep your chargers and cables organised and tangle-free in your bags.
By following these tips you will be prepared to keep your electronic devices powered up and functional during your city break.
Travel Documents and Essentials
Keeping your travel documents organised and accessible contributes towards a stress-free journey. Having your documents readily available means you can reference your itinerary or travel plans when needed, and easily access identification in unexpected emergencies. We recommend keeping in a safe, accessible spot such as a secure luggage pouch or on your person.
Cash and Cards
Along with travel documents, keeping cash and cards easily accessible is essential for quick transactions. You may also need these essentials for emergencies, or for convenience during your travels.
While exploring a new city you may want to bring entertainment options that can be used on your downtime or during travel. Consider some of these enjoyable options for your leisure:
- E-reader or books
- Portable music player
- Ipad or table
- Portable games
- Portable charger (to keep these devices charged)
- Camera or smartphone for capturing memories
With some of these options you can keep entertained in between your city adventures!
First Aid Kit
Carrying a basic first aid kit is important for any traveller, even if you purely plan on relaxing around a city. You should be equipped with essential supplies to address minor injuries and unexpected health concerns. Safety and being prepared for any scenario, should always be at the forefront of your travel plans. Here are some things to pack in your basic first aid kit:
- Antiseptic wipes
- Small scissors
- Pain relievers (paracetamol or ibuprofen)
- Antiseptic ointment/cream
- Disposable gloves
- Emergency contact information
- Personal medications
- Any necessary medical documentation