The festival experience is an exciting prospect, with memorable performances, your favourite bands, camping and endless music! As you experience the event, you want to be prepared with a meticulous packing list filled with your festival must-haves. What you choose to pack can make or break your festival experience, as well as what you choose to travel with! It is important to be well-prepared ensuring everything you need is packed and accessible.This prevents any last-minute purchases, any stresses on the trip, and allows you to enjoy every moment of the celebration. Whether you're a seasoned festival-goer or a first-timer, this festival packing checklist can be your packing companion, ensuring you are equipped to make the most of those magical moments. So take a moment to read our essentials guide; Eminent’s comprehensive checklist of what to pack for the festival!
Bag and Luggage
Selecting the right bag or luggage for your festival experience is an important decision to make. It prioritises elements that will best support your time at the event, simplifying the experience and giving you room for all your essentials. Versatility and practicality are central to a festival goer's needs. Because of this a backpack is often the popular choice for this type of adventure. Backpacks allow you to pack all of the necessities for each day and can be kept close to you across the event. They also have compartments to put various festival items in, and a quality design will provide durability across a longer period of use. Other bags such as shoulder bags, tote bags or hand bags may be a fashionable alternative but can be easily misplaced as they are put down and picked up across the day. Eminent's luggage and backpack designs stand out as ideal companions for festivals. Our backpacks combine functionality, durability and style. With thoughtfully organised compartments, Eminent backpacks keep your belongings secure and easily accessible for the entirety of the festival.
If a backpack isn’t for you another practical bag type to consider is a suitcase. This may be an option for your main travel backpack or a smaller wheeled bag to take to events. Eminent's luggage collection provides comfort, manoeuvrability and convenience with suitcases that can withstand the rigours of festival travel. Keeping sure your belongings remain safe and organised throughout the event.
Festivals are a unique experience that require a strategic pack, due to the outdoors nature of the event, varied provisions and terrain. It is often good to familiarise yourself with anything that may be provided at the festival and pack according to the conditions of the location you are travelling to.
Here is a list of camping essentials for your stay at the festival:
- Secure, durable and appropriate tent. Make sure the tent is easy to set up, weather resistant and accommodates yourself and any travel companion.
- Pack all the necessary sleeping essentials including, sleeping bag, air mattress or sleeping pad, and pillow.
- Camping chairs or portable seating options to relax and socialise outside your tent or surrounding areas.
- Portable camping stove or grill as well as cooking utensils and portable dishware, for multiple days of tentside cooking.
- Cooler with ice packs to keep food and beverages fresh for the duration of the festival.
- Portable water container and drink bottles to stay hydrated.
- Camping lights or headlamps for night time activities.
- Sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses for sun protection.
- Insect repellent.
- Extra clothing layers and jackets for varying weather conditions.
- Rain gear like a poncho or waterproof jacket.
- Personal hygiene items such as wet wipes, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrush and soap.
- Rubbish bags for personal rubbish.
- Portable phone charger or power bank to stay connected.
- Festival tickets and required identification.
- First aid kit with band-aids, antiseptic, pain relievers, and any required medications.
- Cash and cards for purchases and emergencies.
- Festival schedule and map to plan your itinerary.
With these camping essentials, you can relax in your tent and enjoy your festival experience, at your campsite.
Clothing, Footwear and Accessories
When it comes to festival attire, you want to strike a balance between comfort and fashion. Many festival goers dress for their favourite bands or in the atmosphere of the festival. However it is important to make sure you are comfortable and dressed for the conditions. Lightweight and breathable clothing, such as loose-fitting t-shirts, tank tops, and shorts, will help you to stay cool and relaxed during the festivities. Adding a lightweight jacket or hoodie will offer comfort and warmth for the cooler evenings. With this in mind if the festival is hosted at a location with colder conditions you should pack extra layers accordingly. Comfortable footwear such as sneakers or sandals, are important as they allow you to withstand long hours of walking and dancing. Consider closed toe shoes that are somewhat waterproof to provide that extra barrier of protection. Sun protection is also vital during your outdoor endeavour. A wide brimmed hat and high SPF sunscreen should be packed and used during the festival. With the ideal clothing, footwear, and accessories, you'll be equipped to enjoy the festival in style and comfort.
Food and Drinks
Packing food and drinks is an essential part of the festival experience, even if there is purchasable food at the festival. Packing non-perishable snack items such as granola bars, trail mix, and dried fruits will help to keep you energised in between meals. Festival goers often choose to bring their favourite sweet or savoury treats to share with their friends. Additionally, consider packing easy-to-make meals such as instant noodles, pre-cooked meals or simple filling items such as bread. A portable camping stove or cooktop is helpful to expand your cooking options. Remember to bring reusable water bottles to stay hydrated throughout the event, larger bottles of water are useful if drinking-water access is limited. While some festivals may have food vendors on-site, having your own supply ensures you are well-prepared for any situation and can avoid long cues during peak hours.
Personal Care and Hygiene
Packing personal care and hygiene products for your festival stay, ensures you will have a comfortable experience. Simple necessities such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo/conditioner and soap help to maintain freshness, even with basic bathroom facilities. Bathroom necessities can often come in travel size packs that may be easier to carry around in your luggage for your festival experience. Wet wipes, moisturiser and hand sanitiser are valuable care products. These items help to clean and maintain freshness over the festival, they are quick and easy to use. Include a basic first aid kit with band-aids, antiseptic, pain relievers, and any necessary medications. Making sure to pack any prescribed medications, to keep yourself healthy and risk-free throughout the event. Additionally, insect repellent is often a useful addition to deter bugs and avoid discomfort. By staying prepared with these personal care and hygiene essentials, you can embrace the festival spirit to the fullest.
Personal safety throughout the festival should be a priority when packing. While it is important to keep money and payment methods on you these are vulnerable to unwanted attention. As a solution choosing to secure their cash, credit cards, and wallets in a money belt or a hidden pouch worn underneath clothing. Displaying large amounts of cash or valuable items on you should be avoided. Keeping a close eye on your belongings at all times, bags that have multiple compartments and secure locks is also important. For personal protection consider carrying a whistle, offices with built in safety features, or choose to travel with a festival map so you are familiar with the emergency checkpoints. Prioritising your personal safety and the safety of your group when packing will allow you to be more aware of any potential emergencies during the event.
Electronics and Entertainment
Electronics and entertainment will play an important role in your festival experience, as you want to be connected, keep updated and stay entertained for the duration of the festival. Here are some electronic items and entertainment ideas to improve your festival experience:
- A portable phone charger or power bank will help to keep your devices charged and ready to use at all times.
- Phone and earpods/headphones.
- Cameras and photography gear to help capture unforgettable moments from the festival.
- Bluetooth speakers for music during down-times.
- E-reader or tablet as another method to unwind between sets.
- Earplugs to restrict the noise levels at times, and support a good night's sleep.
- Torch or flashlight for evening activities.
What Should I Bring to a Small Festival?
The key to an enjoyable experience is packing efficiently and as lightly as possible when preparing for a small day festival. Here's a list of essentials pack in your day-pack (backpack or small bag):
- Tickets and ID: Keep your festival tickets and a valid photo identification on your or in a secure, accessible location.
- Backpack or light bag: Backpack is often the best option of bag as it offers an even distribution of weight, and can be carried on you across the day.
- Sun protection: Pack a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, and high SPF sunscreen for your day outside.
- Water bottle: Keep yourself hydrated across the day with a reusable water bottle.
- Snacks: Bring some easy-to-carry snacks like muesli bars or fruit to keep your energy up across the day.
- Cash and cards: Carry enough cash for purchases and emergencies, along with your debit or credit cards, these can be kept safe in a hidden money belt.
- Phone and portable phone charger: This is helpful to stay connected and keep you safe across the day.
- Portable chair: Having a comfortable spot to sit is often helpful as a reprieve from long hours standing.
- Small first aid kit: Include band-aids, pain relievers, and any necessary medications.
- Waterproof jacket: For any changes to the weather, and warmth in the evening
- Light layers: Dress in light, breathable clothing for a day of dancing.
With these essentials in your day pack, you'll be prepared to enjoy a day filled with music, and memorable experiences at a small festival.